WPC (Wood Plastic Composite) is a new type of material made by mixed wood powder with HDPE (High Density Polyethylene) and other chemical additives. The material is extruded from the unique high pressure and temperature machine from specially designed mould. WPC decking is a safe, environmentally responsible alternative new material which doesn’t need painting and glue for its special manufacturing technique and characters. It is eco-friendly product. The main material wood powder is scrap from furnish factories, and another material is recycling plastic.
Containing of natural fiber, the WPC product not only has high degree of anti-UV and weather resistant properties, but also easy to machine during production and usage. It has the character of highly resistant to moisture and termites, no rotten, no cracking, consistent color stability, so it can be wildly used in the outdoor.
Important points for WPC OUTDOOR DECK installation
1. Slight color and surface differences may occur due to slight differences in raw materials or surface treatment. This ensures your decking will have a natural appearance
2. It is advisable to place the terrace sections in the required installation site for 72 hours before you start install to acclimatize them. Don’t install the terrace sections if the temperature is blow 0℃
3. We advise you to use original accessories and parts from WOOD PLASTIC COMPOSITE OUTDOOR DECK, must be a space of at least 25mm between the ground and the substructure. In case of insufficient ventilation any guarantee will be invalidated. Direct Contact between the terrace section and the grass or ground must be avoided at all costs.
4. Variations in temperature and moisture uptake will result in expansion (about 0.3% to 0.5%) of the sufficient distance expansion between the terrace sections, all around the terrace and by walls, fences ad trees.
5. A strong and compacted base such as concrete , gravel ,grit or something similar is necessary
6. Before you start ensure there is a level base and remove all weeds. To prevent weeds growing, we advise laying root-stop fabric under the structure. Make sure the ground base is clean, dry, stable, solid and smooth – a slope of 2% will provide the correct water drainage.
7. WPC product is not suitable for closed and wet places without air ventilation and/or environment with significant difference temperature change (such as sauna room).
8. The method of installation is very important to the product; wrong installation may cause less durability or some damages of the products. Check the material before installation. Report all damages and defects to the vendor before installation. Start of installation means the appearance and standards have been approved by the client. Trust a professional installer with the installation. It is suggested that more than two people working together during installing the terrace. WPC decking should not be used for columns, beams, joists, support posts or other loading bearing segments. Failure to follow instructions will void the warranty
The terrace can be cleaned with a brush/ sanding paper, or with a high pressure cleaner. If you clean the terrace with a high pressure cleaner, you must keep a distance of at least 30cm from the terrace sections. If necessary you can use a neutral soap. Make sure that the detergent doesn’t attack plastic. Following is some recommendations in details:
1. Water stains
There will be some water stains on the surface of the newly installed terrace when the water evaporates after rain. It is temporary phenomenon which will disappear in about 1-2 months by itself. It can be cleaned by wiping the surface with steel wool
2. Mud, dust, etc.
Clean decking to remove dirt by using hot water with soap. Sand it with stiff bristle if needed. 3. Scratch, oil stains, alcohol stains, and cigarette stains etc. which are hard to be removed from the surface Use steel wool or sandpaper carefully to try to remove the stain. Then sand surface and clean with hot water with soap.