Wood Plastic Composite Solid Decking
Wood Plastic Composite Solid Decking is the optimum choice for today’s decking needs and installs as easily as traditional wood decking. Qizhen’s superior decking products are manufactured from plastic and natural fiber are a safe, environmentally responsible alternative to traditional decks, conserving energy and resources.
Engineered to endure harsh weather conditions, Qizhen appeals to homeowners and builders not only because of its natural wood appearance, which is enhanced with time, but its unmatched endurance weathers abuse of all sorts including rainstorms, rot, salt, sand and heavy traffic.
Ventilation and Drainage
• Wood Plastic Composite Solid Decking requires a minimum of 12″ high, continuos airspace below joists as well as along three sides of the deck to allow for cross ventilation.
• Slightly slope the deck (1/16″ per foot) away from the house to allow for water run-off.
• When installing a deck over a living space, proper flashing is essential. Check that the deck properly drains.
• When remodeling an existing deck, to ensure proper water run-off, ¼” – 3/8″ holes may be drilled in each aperture on the underside ends of the voided deck boards.
• Gapping allows for drainage and expansion/contraction of the deck boards. A minimum of 1/16″ is suggested. It is recommended not to exceed 3/8″.
• Allow at least a ¼” distance between all decking material and permanent framework or posts to allow for water drainage and expansion/contraction.
Wood Plastic Composite Decking can be cleaned using soap and water, with a stiff bristle brush. If tough stains, ground in dirt or rust stains become a problem, a cleaner that has Oxalic or a Phosphoric Acid Base may be used.
If mold stains appear, any deck-cleaning products that contain Sodium Percarbonate, Sodium Hypoclorite (Bleach) and/or detergent may be used.
If unsure about the product being used to clean/remove stains from your deck, it is recommended that you test a small area in an inconspicuous place to determine if the product will cause any unwanted discoloration.
Commercial pressure washers may be used to remove stains, ground in dirt, or mold. Use a spray nozzle; do not use a steam nozzle. Use cold water and keep the spray nozzle at least one foot away from the deck. It is also recommended that you not exceed 1,500 PSI.